Baseball is considered to be a king sport in some countries such as the US, Canada, Japan, Taiwan. If you are looking to learn how to play baseball as well as some basic playing techniques, check out the article below.
1. The basics of baseball
Unlike other sports, baseball has no time limit like soccer. Two competing teams play for a set amount of time, divided into two halves. Professional baseball matches will consist of 2 teams of 9 each and each match lasts 9 innings.
According to the rules of baseball, the home team will be the defensive team and the away team will be the attacking team first. During the first half of each inning, the away team goes out, observing and trying to score points, the technical term known as Run, while the home team players have their respective defensive positions in the field. The attacking team’s goal is to score as many points as possible. After three attacks, teams transform – the attacking team moves to defend, and the defensive team moves to the attack position. The batting team sends one player at once to try and hit the ball.
The structure of the sport includes two players – the pitcher and the batter. All the action in a baseball game revolves around these two main warriors. The pitcher stood on a raised mound, called the pitcher’s mound, 18.4 meters away. The batter’s goal is to bring the ball into the court so that the eight batterers cannot catch the ball or throw it at another midfielder to score.
2. Some techniques for holding handball
In order to master how to pitch a baseball, players need to master a number of techniques of holding the ball. Includes the following basic techniques:
- Seam Fastball: This pitcher helps the baseball to fly high and in a straight line. The baseball pitching technique flew quickly with variations in the direction of motion.
- Spliter: With a good Spliter pitch, when the ball gets close to the Catcher’s position, the ball will suddenly change direction and fly down, making Catcher unable to react.
- Cutter: This is a technique to throw high balloons and strong swirls, the attacking team is difficult to hit.
- Slider: This technique of throwing the ball by holding the ball is not the most effective because it causes the ball to move with low force.
- Change: Exactly as the name people call this pitch when the ball is flying at slow speed deceiving the feeling.
- Curve: This pitch is a rather complicated baseball pitching technique that can only be performed correctly by an expert player. Batter is very difficult to hit the ball when throwing.